Following on from the Prime Minister's announcement on the 4th January 2021 regarding the UK going into lockdown I can confirm that, as outlined in the National Lockdown Guidance published on the government website, I am still able to carry out home maintenance work.
Until at least the end of February quotes will be provided via email or over the phone and where required I'm more than happy to arrange a video chat.
I will continue to wear a mask at all times whilst on site, sanitise/wash my hands regularly and should myself or family display any Covid symptoms (or be advised to isolate), I will cancel any upcoming work until safe to return.
To keep us all safe the following should be in place whilst I’m working in a client's home:
- Please sanitise/wash hands before and after my visit.
- Ensure 2m social distancing remains in place for the duration of my visit and we should be in separate rooms wherever possible.
- When it is necessary for us to be in the same room, please wear a face covering.
- Rooms should be well ventilated by opening windows and/or doors throughout my visit.
- After I leave, clients are advised to disinfect surfaces that I have had contact with whilst working on their property.
- Clients should cancel a scheduled job if they or anyone they’ve recently been in contact with displays any covid symptoms.
The actions above will mitigate risk to the lowest practicable level. However, there is a risk with members from outside a client's household entering their home, and as such it is a client's responsibility to assess the risk and decide whether to proceed with the work. If a client prefers to reschedule, then I am more than happy to do so. Likewise, if a client feels they cannot comply with the above mitigating actions, please let me know, and I will reschedule the work.
And finally for the foreseeable future I will only be accepting payment via bank transfer or contactless card payment up to £45.